Analysis of Kogi State Voters Registration

Posted by OKAKACHI.COM7q6a OKAKACHI.COM7q6a
Options
Analysis  of Kogi State Voters Registration by Senatorial Zone, LGA, and Ward
kogi East Senatorial District
LGA Wards # % Wards # Registered % Registered
Ankpa 13 5.39% 119,700 9.06%
Dekina 12 4.98% 151,769 11.49%
Bassa 10 4.15% 47,595 3.60%
Ibaji 10 4.15% 70,416 5.33%
Idah 10 4.15% 44,336 3.36%
Igalamela/Odolu 10 4.15% 48,875 3.70%
Ofu 11 4.56% 74,545 5.64%
Olamaboro 11 4.56% 64,572 4.89%
Omala 11 4.56% 57,565 4.36%
TOTAL 98 40.66% 679,373 51.43%
kogi Central Senatorial District
Adavi 11 4.56% 79,621 6.03%
Ajaokuta 14 5.81% 46,019 3.48%
Ogori/Mangogo 10 4.15% 12,745 0.96%
Okehi 11 4.56% 65,861 4.99%
Okene 11 4.56% 116,939 8.85%
TOTAL 57 23.65% 321,185 24.32%
kogi West Senatorial District
Ijumu 15 6.22% 43,003 3.26%
Kabba Bunu 15 6.22% 53,425 4.04%
Kogi 11 4.56% 43,030 3.26%
Lokoja 10 4.15% 105,140 7.96%
Mopa/Muro 10 4.15% 16,460 1.25%
Yagba East 10 4.15% 30,031 2.27%
Yagba West 15 6.22% 29,274 2.22%
TOTAL 86 35.68% 320,363 24.25%
GRAND TOTAL 241 100% 1,320,921 100%
Observations and Concerns from the 2011 Kogi State Voters Registration:
The table above presents detailed descriptive analysis of 2011 Kogi State Voters Registration by Senatorial Districts, Local Government Areas and Wards. There are some key observations that need to be highlighted:
Distribution of Wards:
There are a total of 241 wards in kogi state, Nigeria.   98 or 40.66% of the wards are in Kogi East Senatorial District. The remaining (143 or 59.34%) are in Central and West in the proportion of 23.65% (or 57) for Central and 35.68% (86) for West, respectively.
 In the East, Ankpa has the highest number of wards (13 or 5.39%), followed by Dekina (12 or 4.98%). In the Central, the highest number of wards is recorded for Ajaokuta (14 or 5.81%). The highest number of wards for a given LGA in the State comes from the Central --- Ijumu, Kabba Bunu and Yagba West (15 # or 6.22% each)!
Distribution of Registered Voters by LGA:
The highest number of registered voters reported by an LGA in Kogi State comes from Dekina in the East (151,769 or 11.49%) with only 12 wards. In contrast, Ijumu, Kabba Bunu and Yagba West with highest numbers of wards (15 or 6.22% each) in the West registered only 43,003 or 3.26%, 53,425 or 4.04% and 29,274 or 2.22%, respectively. Ogori-Mangogo in the Central has 10 wards like Bassa, Ibaji, Idah and Igalamela-Odolu LGA in the East, yet registered only 0.96% of the eligible voters ----
The discrepancy in the distribution of wards is very clear and need to be redressed by the INEC for equity and fairness in giving the voters equal opportunities to cast their votes.
The pertinent questions are:  Why should the LGAs with very few registered voters like Ogori Mangogo, Mopa/Muro, Yagba East and Yagba West have more ward allocation than those with the highest registered voters like Dekina, Ankpa, Okene and Lokaja? Compare the table below and judge for yourself.
The LGAs with the least registered voters and have high percentage # ward allocation.
Ogori/Mangogo 10 4.15% 12,745 0.96%
Mopa/Muro 10 4.15% 16,460 1.25%
Yagba East 10 4.15% 30,031 2.27%
Yagba West 15 6.22% 29,274 2.22%
Compared to the LGAs that registered the highest voters in the state
Dekina 12 4.98% 151,769 11.49%
Ankpa 13 5.39% 119,700 9,06%
Okene 11 4.56% 116,939 8.85%
Lokoja 10 4.15% 105,140 7.96%
By Okakachi Reporter